Gay matchmaking guru Tammy Shaklee will be in San Antonio to speak at the LGBT Chamber of Commerce’s pre-Valentine’s Day mixer at Rosario’s on Thursday, February 9.
The topic of Shaklee’s remarks will be, “Courting and Networking for Business; Marrying the Principles and Techniques of Matchmaking to Your Business Life.”
Shaklee is the founder of H4M, an offline, traditional matchmaking service for gay men and is considered an expert in the field of gay match making. A few months ago she expanded her business to include a matchmaking site for gay women as well.
Here are Shaklee’s top 10 tips for how to find love offline:
- Close the Laptop – turn off the device and try things differently, or more traditionally
- Get Fresh – cute outfit, makeover, teeth whitening, new trendy frames, contacts
- Meet Up – check out the social online site of MeetUp.com ONLY long enough to find and schedule events to attend
- Volunteer – sign up to work events, registration table, for your passion, politics, or for pets
- Go Shopping – for two weeks or up to two months, try a new gym, new coffee shop, or new church
- Break Up – for two months, change up your routine, try out different grocery stores, dry cleaners, car wash
- Call Your Crushes – you know who they are so set a goal to invite three3 of them for a coffee or a drink
- Headshot – update your online profile, LinkedIn, Google+, Instagram, Facebook, with a new photo
- Plan a Holiday or New Year Mixer – buddy up with a friend or neighbor to have a social with strategy, every couple must bring a dateable single, for example
- Start 2017 Fresh! – if you do any or all of the above, in 2017, you’re going to be a more refreshed and interesting single, with new topics, new places to talk about, and a renewed you having met new places and people.
LGBT Chamber of Commerce Mixer with Tammy Shaklee, Free, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m., Thur., Feb. 9, Rosario’s North, 9715 San Pedro AveSan Antonio, TX 7821., (210) 223-1806, visit salgbtchamber.org.